28.9 C
Los Angeles
Sunday, June 26, 2022

Kerala Teen Dies, 18 Ill After Eating Shawarma, Food Poisoning Suspected

kerala-newsKerala Teen Dies, 18 Ill After Eating Shawarma, Food Poisoning Suspected


Kerala Teen Dies, 18 Ill After Eating Shawarma, Food Poisoning Suspected

A case has been registered against the juice shop, which has been sealed following investigations.

Kasargod, Kerala:

A 16-year-old girl died and 18 others were hospitalised on Sunday due to suspected food poisoning after they ate Shawarma at an eatery in Kerala’s Kasargod.

Devananda, a resident of Karivallor near Kasargod, died at the Kanhangad district hospital, while undergoing treatment, police said.

A case has been registered against the juice shop, which has been sealed following investigations.

District Medical Officer AV Ramdas said 18 students have been admitted to the district hospital after they fell sick, but none of them are in a serious condition.

“We are expecting more cases and have asked doctors and staff from other nearby medical institutions to be present at the Cheruvathur PHC and Neeleswaram Taluk hospitals. We plan to treat people with mild issues there and those with serious conditions will be shifted to the district hospital,” Mr Ramdas told the media.

Meanwhile, Minister MV Govindan visited the students undergoing treatment at the hospital and said the government will ensure that quality food is served in hotels across the state.

“The government will conduct inspections across the state to ensure that the food served at restaurants is of good quality,” the minister said.

According to sources, the juice shop was situated near a Tuition centre.

(This story has not been edited by NDTV staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)



Source link

Check out our other content

Check out other tags:

Most Popular Articles